The National Commission for Women has been set up in terms of the National Commission for Women Act, 1990 (Act No. 20 of 1990) to further review the Constitutional and Legal safeguards available to women, recommend remedial measures to remove impediments in realizing such goals, facilitate redressal of grievances and advise the Government on all policy matters affecting women. The Commission also organises workshops/consultations, constitutes expert committees, undertake studies/make recommendations for economic empowerment of women, conducts workshops/seminars for gender awareness and takes up publicity campaign awareness in the society against such social evils.
2. The National Commission for Women has, with a view to effectively disseminate knowledge/information on women related issues and build a pool of trained manpower, decided to engage interns in the National Commission for Women with immediate effect. Accordingly, it has been decided to offer following categories of internship:
Scheme A:Unpaid Internship for a period not less than 30 days for 1st year students of 3 year LLB Course or 3rd year student of 5 year LLB Course OR 1st year student of Post Graduate in Sociology/Social Work
Scheme B:Paid Internship for a period of 60 days.
Students of second year of 3-year LLB Course OR 4th/ 5th year BA LLB/BBA LLB/ B.Sc. LLB Courses OR 2nd year student of Post Graduate in Sociology/ Social Work/ Gender Issue/ Women Studies/ Gender Studies/ Students of LLM/M.Phil/ Ph.D Scholars
Scheme C:Scheme for Psychology: Paid Internship for a period of 60 days (Rs.10, 000/-* per month as Stipend)
Students of 2nd year of MA (Psychology)
M.Sc. Clinical Psychology
* No Stipend shall be paid if the intern works for less than 60 days.
3. With a view to enable students to apply for internship, an on-line application proforma has been made available on the portal of National Commission for Women, viz., http:://ncw.nic.in.
4. Students desirous of interning with the NCW may submit their applications online on quarterly basis (January-March, April-June, July-September and October-December) in the prescribed proforma when they would like to intern with the Commission. A letter of recommendation from the Head of the Institution/Authorised Signatory may also be uploaded. Efforts will be made to accommodate students closer to the dates indicated by them and, in case, it is not possible to do so, alternate dates will be offered. Each intern will need to maintain a diary of the work done by them on each day of internship in the Commission. All interns will also be required to sign a declaration regarding the confidentiality of information/documents that will come to their knowledge.
5. The criteria for selection for all the three Schemes shall be:
50% weightage for the percentage obtained and 50% weightage for the quality of the “Statement of Purpose” uploaded as part of the proforma. The closing period would be quarterly (January-March, April-June, July-September and October-December).
Note: Online portal for applying for internship will be open throughout the year. Applicants will be required to indicate the desired duration specifying the block of 03 months. All the online applications submitted before 19.09.2022 will become null and void. Fresh applications for internship scheme in NCW shall be considered from the date of issue of this revised notification dated 19.09.2022. The candidate who is not selected in previous quarter will be required to apply again for next quarter.
6. The maximum number of interns to be engaged under all the schemes will be decided by the Competent Authority of National Commission for Women. It is clarified that no Stipend will be paid in cases where the interns work for less than 60 days.
7. This notification is effective from 19th September, 2022.
- New User Registration
- Student Login
- Forget Password