The Complaints and Counseling Cell of the commission processes all the complaints
whether received orally, written or suo-motu under Section 10 of the NCW Act.The complaints received relate
to domestic violence, harassment, dowry, torture, desertion, bigamy, rape, refusal
to register FIR, cruelty by husband, deprivation, gender discrimination and sexual
harassment at work place.
The complaints are dealt with as below:-
The State Commissions, the NGOs and other experts are involved in these efforts.
Cases falling under following categories are ordinarily not entertained by the Commission.
- Investigations by the police are expedited and monitored.
- The matters are brought to the notice of various state authorities to facilitate action.
- Family disputes are resolved or compromised through counseling.
- As per the Sexual Harassment at Work Place (Prevention Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 the rules made by Central Government in December, 2013 on the subject and the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013 every employer is required to provide for effective complaints procedures and remedies including award of compensation to women victims. In sexual harassment complaints, the concerned organisation is urged to expedite cases and the disposal is monitored.
- For serious crimes, the Commission constitutes an Inquiry Committee which makes spot enquiries, examines witnesses, collects evidence and submits the report with recommendations. The implementation of the report is monitored by the NCW. The Commission has powers to summon the accused, witnesses and records to facilitate inquiry.
शिकायत पंजीकरण के बारे में अक्सर पूछे जाने वाले प्रश्न / Frequently Asked Questions about Complaint Registration
शिकायत पंजीकरण के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें / Click here for registration of Complaint
- Complaints is illegible or vague, anonymous or pseudonymous;
- The complaint is that of frivolous or like nature;
- The Complaint relates to civil dispute between the parties such as contractual rights obligations and the like;
- The Complaint relates to service matters not involving any deprivation of women's rights;
- The Complaint relates to labour/industrial disputes not involving any deprivation of women's rights;
- Matter is sub judice before a Court/Tribunal;
- The Commission shall not inquire into any matter which is pending before a State Commission or any other Commission duly constituted under any law for the time being in force;
- The Commission shall not inquire into any matter after the expiry of one year from the date on which the Act constituting violation or deprivation of Women's Rights is alleged to have been committed;
- Matter already decided by the Commission.